learning design and strategy
evidence-based strategies to enable behaviour change and performance
I’m an experienced digital and blended learning designer and strategist.
My Design Approach
I bring a rare depth of experience – please view this site’s home page to review some of my testimonials and the many clients I’ve worked with. The main principles that guide my work are:
- Empathy. I was an early adopter and leader in the integration of design thinking and learning experience design, and I begin from a place of empathy and understanding for the audience group and other stakeholders.
- Co-design. I’m well known for taking diverse groups of people ‘on the journey’, providing the space and support for real input. I’m an expert facilitator, knowing when to provide space and guidance to reach outcomes.
- Evidence-based. I am constantly researching the latest evidence-based findings in learning science, behavioural economics, cognitive psychology and other fields that provide insight into how to support behavioural change, innovation and performance.
- Innovation. Rather than focusing on narrow training or elearning interventions, I consider the broader experience, context and find creative opportunities to nudge, hack and reach the goals faster, with less cost.
- Performance focused. Importantly, my interventions are not about ‘great learning for learning sake’, they are clearly focused on achieving performance impact for the organisation/ group.
I have broad experience in digital learning and designing powerful blended solutions where the interplay of informal, performance support, face-to-face and digital elments create a powerful, seamless experience.
My co-design and empathetic approach helps ensure that we are addressing problems of real value and impact. Incidentally, I teach these methods (see the workshop section) and have done so to much acclaim across Australia and the US.
My unique combination of business acumen, learning science, technologicial nous and the ability to run empowering co-design solutions has seen me facilitate organisational discussions to establish learning strategy. This work has varied – from supporting one of the L&D teams from a Big 4 to reinvent its value proposition, organisational structure and strategy through an engaging co-design process, to supporting a large Australian member organisation transition from having a HR generalist to setting up a L&D function.
I’m a Team Builder
Finally, I have a track record for remaining calm and focused through stressful situations and challenging deadline. My grounded, consistent and human approach tends to bring out the best in the people and teams I have the opportunity to work with.
Interested? Please make contact today to discuss how I can help you.
Some of my offers include:
Blended Learning Solutions
Evidence-based approaches to digital & F2F solutions
Future of Work Keynotes
Practical future-proofing strategies in an era of disruption
Design thinking facilitation for complex challenges
Modern learning strategies aligned with business priorities
Performance Consulting Workshop
Capability uplift for L&D teams
Curious? Please explore the menu bar on the top of this page and get in contact today.
Learn2Learn for Enterprise
Learning agility at scale? Find out more with this video and contact me for a free demo.