Here’s how I view performance design and how it relates to business strategy.
The more I apply performance consulting, the more I see it as business consulting with a L&D /HR twist.
This infographic captures:
1. The need to start by aligning with business STRATEGY
2. Identify PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES that matter and address pain/gain in relation to that strategy
3. Identify high-value TASKS by priority audience groups, in specific environments/conditions
4. Then, focus on key challenges which tend to fall out as people or environmental elements (though there’s a massive overlap/interplay between them)
5. Consider possible approaches along the same lines.
This pic provides a mental model to contextualise such work but, for a more practical L&D application, check out the (free) Performance Canvas here.
As usual, feel free to copy and use the image for non-profit purposes under the Creative Commons Licence. I do request that if you use it you:
- Let me know
- Where possible, include an active link back to this site: arunpradhan.com
- If we ever meet in person, buy me a drink (I accept a banana smoothie or red wine, depending on the time of day )
Some of my offers include:
Blended Learning Solutions
Evidence-based approaches to digital & F2F solutions
Future of Work Keynotes
Practical future-proofing strategies in an era of disruption
Design thinking facilitation for complex challenges
Modern learning strategies aligned with business priorities
Performance Consulting Workshop
Capability uplift for L&D teams
Curious? Why not explore the menu bar on the top of this page? Even better, reach out and let’s talk.
Visit ModelThinkers now and use the coupon LEARNFAST at checkout for a 10% discount.